Company Name: NebuLogic Technologies
Position: Web Designer
The job of a Web designer is to create attractive Web sites by using various elements: graphic guidelines, images, illustrations, layout, fonts, colours, etc. Partway between graphic design and computers, this job requires a good computer background, but especially an eye for design and a dash of creativity.
Web designers work closely with other professionals (Content writers, programmers), hence the importance of teamwork.
- Establish the purpose of the website based upon its target audience
- Identify the type of content the site will host
- Determine any functionality that the site must support, for example, whether it will handle financial transactions or enquiries
- Give guidance on layout, colours and styles.
- This will determine the type of technology to use and how complex the site will be. The web designer/developer will then:
- Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- Test the website and identify any technical problems
- Upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.
- Determine client needs, know their financial and technical imperatives
- Define the graphic guidelines and visual identity of the Web site
- Design and create images, graphics, illustrations and animations
- Ensure the visual and ergonomic standardization
- Develop the sketches and presentation mock-up
- Execute or arrange for the execution of the graphics solution
Candidate should have:
- Should be a graduate
- Have skills in software programming and graphics
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Have creative and imaginative target audiences
- Be up-to-date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
- Knowledge of responsive designing frameworks like Bootstrap